The world is a crazy place. Each day we’re expected to be so many things to so many people. It can be frustrating. This is true no matter if you have a family or not. If you juggle multiple priorities, relaxation can be a difficult thing to do. This week, I want to ask you how do you relax? I’m also going to give you some tips and ideas on how to relax so sit back and let’s get into it!
When you think about relaxing, what comes to mind? Do you like to sit with a journal and write? Does a long walk help you to get some mental clarity? How about a nice glass of wine? All of these sound fantastic, especially after a long day.
5 Ideas To Help You Relax
- Journal it out: Journaling is one of my favorite ways to relax. I can get out all of my thoughts and hopefully, leave them behind before going to bed.
- Take a Bath: There’s something about a warm bath or shower that can not only calm your mind, but also your spirit. Again, I like to do this before bed.
- Play with your pet: Pets are natural stress relief. They give us so much love and are always there when we need them. Even a simple session of 5 minutes can be therapeutic to both you and your pet. Besides, if you’re gone all day they miss you so much!
- Have a night out with either yourself, friends, family, or a significant other: A night out can be as simple as dinner, or more elaborate. It’s all up to you and your preferences. Sometimes, I find a night out with just dinner and a drink with my spouse helps us BOTH decompress and relax.
- Brew a cup of tea or have a glass of wine. Red is usually a good pick. If you don’t like wine, a small drink of your choice is also a nice way to wind down after a long day.
If you want some more ways to relax, check this article out! It gives 18 ways to relax!
Since relaxation is tied to mental health, check out my post on mental health awareness from a while back! Until next week. Be well and Namaste!