Welcome to that magical time of year. The leaves start turning, nights get cooler, and the smell of firewood fills the air! It’s fall again! With the change of seasons comes the chance to adapt our self-care for the long, dark months ahead. This week, I’m going to give you a few ideas on how to practice fall self-care.
As with any season, fall has it’s changes. First, just like we go through changes in life, so does the environment around us. It’s vital that our self-care routines adapt to these changes. Consequently, that may mean finding new and inventive ways to take your own routine to a new level, or adapt it for the darker, colder months.
10 Tips for Fall Self-Care
- Get outside more
- Focus on the best things in your life
- Take frequent breaks to recharge and meditate
- Exercise more
- Pay even closer attention to your moods
- Seek more opportunities to socialize
- Give yourself permission to just do nothing if you need to
- Spend time with loved ones or a partner doing things that promote healthy habits in cooler months
- Remember to ask for help if you find yourself getting to a dark or depressed space
- Finally, focus on the new season and remember that it’s only temporary
Most importantly, figure out what works for you and go with it. In some cases, it’s best to not overthink too much. Here is the fall self-care post from just one year ago. Go check that out for even more tips! If you want even more fun ideas for fall self-care, check out this article from Balance Through Simplicity. It’s another great resource.
So there you have it. A few great ideas on how you can continue your self-care routine through the fall, and into the winter. Take a few of these tips with you and I guarantee, it will make the new season fly by! I personally LOVE the fall so I am looking forward to it. Until next week, be well and namaste!